Opening a Bank Account in Spain
A bank account in Spain is necessary for people who plan to move to this country or do business in EU countries. Without a bank account, it is impossible to carry out many types of transactions. For example, purchasing real estate in Spain can only be done through a bank transaction; this cannot be done with cash. Besides, opening a bank account in Spain will allow your business to enter the European Union markets and operate without any restrictions. Lawtter Solutions offers clients account opening services in EU countries, including Spain.
1 300 EUR*
Personal visit required
Opening an account
Advantages of opening an account in Spain
In addition to the services for citizens of the country, there is an opportunity to open a bank account in Spain for non-residents. The country’s legislation allows this. Any person who has reached 18 years of age can create an account. However, it is important to know that not all banks in Spain offer such services to non-residents. Therefore, it is important to choose an organization that provides this opportunity.
Before opening an account in Spain, you need to prepare the documents and make a notarized translation into Spanish. Only after this can you begin the registration procedure.
Another popular question is whether it is possible to open a bank account in Spain online. Unfortunately, such services are not provided online. It is possible to submit documents for consideration and conclude the contract remotely. However, in order for the account to be opened, you will have to undergo verification. To do this, you will need to be present at any branch of the bank where you plan to open an account.
Advantages of opening an account in Spain
Opening a bank account in Spain offers several important advantages. The main ones are the following:
The high degree of security of funds
There is a wide selection of banks where you can open an account
The ability to send and receive money from EU countries without restrictions
Opportunity to buy property in Spain
What to look for when opening a bank account in Spain?
Before opening a bank account in Spain, you also need to choose the right bank. To do this, the following aspects must be taken into account:
- Does the bank work with non-residents?Some banks do not provide services for non-residents, so you must immediately make sure that the chosen company works with persons who do not have Spanish or EU citizenship.
- Commissions and feesAs a rule, for non-residents, commissions are higher. It is necessary to familiarize yourself with the commission policies for private clients and businesses.
- Necessary servicesEven if the bank works with non-residents, you need to clarify whether it provides the services you need. For example, whether it opens debit or credit cards for non-residents, accounts for business, etc.
- Account typeYou also need to make sure that the bank provides the correct type of account. This can be an account tied to your income or a current account without additional obligations.
The answer to the question, ‘How much does it cost to open an account?’ largely depends on the list of necessary services and the type of bank.
For opening a bank account in Spain, the most popular financial institutions are:
- Banco Santander;
- Banc Sabadell;
- Caixa Bank.
List of documents
So, here’s how to open a bank account in Spain. First, you need to prepare the appropriate package of documents.
For individuals, providing the following documents is obligatory:
- Passport or other identification document.
- Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Confirmation of residential address.
- Documents confirming the origin of your money (certificate of income).
- Resume (CV).
For legal entities, the following package of documents is required:
- Constituent documents of a legal entity.
- Identity cards of the director, shareholders of the company, and account manager (if it is not the director).
- Power of attorney for the account manager (issued by the director if the manager opens the account).
- Agreements with partners.
- Documents confirming the origin of the company’s money and financial security.
The legal company Lawtter Solutions assists clients in opening accounts. Our company’s specialists have extensive experience in providing such services. The procedure begins with a consultation. We help you choose a bank that offers the necessary types of accounts and acceptable conditions.
Stages of opening an account
The account opening procedure looks like this:
Selecting a bank
Preparation of documents for opening an account
Submitting an application to the bank
You can contact Lawtter Solutions representatives in the “Contacts” section of this site. The company’s lawyers will provide all necessary services and solve any problems if they arise.