Open an Account in Latvia
of the service
1 000 EUR*
a bank account
Banking licenses in Latvia are issued by the National Bank. It is this body that monitors compliance with the rules and legal requirements on the part of all participants in the banking market.
There is a possibility to open a bank account in Latvia for foreigners. The legislation of this country allows this to be done. Moreover, in this country, you can even register an offshore account. However, if you do this, you will not be able to operate in Latvia. Companies that operate in this country must pay taxes at the rates set for onshore organizations.
The procedure for opening an account for an individual in Latvia is quite simple, and it can be done online. However, to undergo verification, the client may need to visit the bank. It is also important to know that clients can not only open an account in a bank in Latvia but also use the services of electronic payment systems. Such a wallet can be opened as an addition to a bank account to make current payments faster and more conveniently.
Advantages of opening a bank account in Latvia
Possibility of bank remote opening
Fixed commission rates
High degree of security
The high degree of digitization
What documents are needed for registration?
Opening an account in a bank in Latvia is possible while being abroad. To register, you must prepare and submit a package of documents.
For individuals, it includes:
- Identification document.
- Confirmation of residential address.
- Taxpayer identification number.
- A document confirming the origin of the money.
- Resume (CV).
As for opening a company bank account in Latvia, you must prepare the following package of documents:
- Constituent documents of your legal entity.
- Identity card of the director and shareholders.
- Confirmation of the residence address of the director and shareholders.
- If the account will be opened by the manager, provide an identity card, confirmation of the residential address, and a power of attorney issued by the director.
- Agreements with partners.
- Confirmation of the origin of funds
Services offered by Lawtter Solutions
Selecting a bank with suitable conditions
Preparation of a package of documents
Submitting an application to open an account
Customer verification by the bank
Obtaining all access data, details, and documents
To open a bank account in Latvia, you need to familiarize yourself with the conditions of financial organizations that offer such a service to non-residents. The list of the most popular banks in Latvia includes:
- BlueOrange (former Balticums Bank);
- Citadel Bank;
- Pasta Banka;
- Rietumu Bank;
- Baltic International Bank;
- RIB BANK.